Disney=Life

Disney=Life

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 7....Man I am SO behind on this thing...

 I've said it before, I'll say it again. SO glad this is not anything to do with diet or something vitally important. Life has gotten so busy, I find on days I have off, I sleep in a few extra hours then spend the day getting things done and possibly playing in a park with Jason. The hours are ridiculous, but the paychecks are getting better and I'm getting more experience and more time to network with people. I definitely still want to stay on part time after my program...might even be able to stay in the Seas, which btw, is amazing. A couple of fun facts:
 The Seas has an aquarium that is the 2nd largest in the country! We have dolphins, sharks, sea turtles, manatees, and lots and lots of fish!
 I get to talk to a "totally cool" sea turtle every day (Turtle Talk with Crush, I host the show) 
 I get to see guests from all over the world and most of the time I get to actually chat with them for a time. I also do some pin trading in 2 of the positions, so I get to interact with the kids. Sure, it's not the BBB or Pirates League but it's something! 
The Seas is an incredible family. I have heard not all the places in Disney are like this but we are tight knit and have gotten very close. And it's only March! I am here at least until August! 
Finding Nemo is my favorite Pixar film, I think. I have not gotten burned out in the slightest and still love being able to say "just keep swimming" all of the time :-)


  So, that's my brief update. Still love the job, still love the city (though I miss my family terribly! My mom is coming to see me in May and I am planning a trip home in September, along with Jason, to see his nephew's 1st birthday) 
 Since I haven't updated in awhile, a lot of fun things have come to pass! My best friend's birthday, for example. I won't reveal his age because he does not look it AT ALL and definitely doesn't act it :-P but I think he had a good time. I was proud of my gifts (I usually get him some great gifts. After all, I freakin brought him to Disney with park hoppers for his b-day last year!) Anyway, I got him a Peter Pan musical figurine from MouseGear; he wants to start pin collecting so I found him an original, 1953 Peter Pan pin, which he loooooooved; AND I designed and ordered a Peter Pan keychain. All in all, it was a great night and he had a good time. Now if the casting dept. could see they have a perfect Peter Pan right in front of them, it will be an incredible year! :-) 


 Ooh speaking of casting, I've decided the next audition I am eligible for, I will be attending! I lost 13 more pounds, making my total since I have gotten down here, 26 pounds. I feel great and can definitely tell the difference. 




 Oh almost forgot! Today is Day #7: Your favorite sidekick


 Hmm, gotta think about this for a moment. I LOVE Pascal. He is such a cutie and I love the animation that went with him. Plus his loyalty! 
 The other is a tie.
 Mushu from Mulan. C'mon, Eddie Murphy voices him and he is an awesome character, no matter how much he screws up :-P


Aaaaaaand, the Genie from Aladdin. Ok besides the fact that he is voiced by Robin Williams, he is one of the most loyal (and oldest) sidekicks ever! I love Aladdin and the Genie working together, they are awesome ((I still love the animated series with their adventures! Yeah Abu and Iago are great but Genie, I think, rocks!))


 Well there's my day 7. I'll try not to wait til next month before I post Day 8 :-P 


 Hope everyone has a great day/night...thankfully I am going in for a later shift tomorrow, still closing though. 


Til next time, *faith* trust* and *pixie dust*

2 comments:

  1. It was so great to see you! I'm sad we didn't get to talk more, but hopefully I'll be there soon! ;)

    I didn't get a chance to say something but you looked great! So happy & healthy. Disney definitely agrees with you.

    I'm thinking of applying for the program. I don't know the odds of people getting in, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?

    Have fun girl! Can't wait to read more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was sooo great to see you as well! Hope you guys had a blast!
    Thank you SO much :-D I've lost about 20 somethin pounds since I moved down here, I'm trying to keep it off and about to start going to the auditions once I lose a little more :-D
    Definitely apply! It just depends on what roles you're interested in but FB message me and we can def talk a little more about it! Thanks for comin to see the show!
    <3!

    ReplyDelete