Disney=Life

Disney=Life

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

uggg....sick.

Well, I've been feeling it coming on for a few days now and I didn't rest up so now I am sick. Again. Jason is much worse off, but he's finally going to the doctor tomorrow. I need a paycheck so I can go buy orange juice and more meds. These next couple of days are going to be LONG ones.
 Just had 2 days off and they were great. Yesterday I went to the beach with Jason and Marissa (Clearwater=GORGEOUS. My favorite now, I can't wait to go back!) and today we went to Epcot to do all of the attractions in Future World I had never done. Things I didn't particularly want to do but needed to to be able to answer guest questions :-P So we rode/saw Universe of Energy, Captain EO, Journey into Imagination, Living with the Land, and Mission: Space. It was a dumb idea to go out when Jason wasn't feeling well--I think the sun with his meds made it much worse :-( But the flower and garden festival is lovely--it was super extremely hot today and I hope it won't be like that the rest of the week! Greeter is my favorite position at work but NOT when it is near 100 degrees outside! Ick.

Well, onto Day #10: Your favorite song.
 I know I have always had ties for these questions and this is definitely another tie. 


I will always remain loyal to the best Disney movie of all time, The Little Mermaid. Part of your World Reprise has always been my favorite song of all time! (And I always performed this song in the bathtub and would soak the floor!) It's such a powerful, beautiful moment. 
 But I also have a new favorite. You probably already know what it is :-)
 Yep, Tangled again. This is my favorite love song of all time! Such a gorgeous song, beautiful lyrics, serious Alan Menken is a genius and it is total bull sh*t that this lost the Oscar to Randy Newman! Ugh. Anyway, not only is the song beautiful but the animation sequence for this was just...stunning! You couldn't ask for a more beautiful love scene. Everything was perfect about this song and this part in the movie! I kinda wished for a reprise at the end :-) 


 Music is such a powerful entity in Disney movies. I personally will always be a Menken/Ashman fan, but I LOVE Menken/Shwartz too. I'm not too big on Randy Newman, save for Princess and the Frog. Did NOT like any of his songs in Toy Story (ugggg I hate "You've Got a Friend In Me".) and if you look at my Ipod, it's all Disney songs and Broadway tunes. Disney music will always be my favorite and I'll be a kid and jam out to it in the car until the day I die :-P I've even decided I'll be walking down the aisle to Ariel's aria (and attempt to find someone who can sound exactly like Jodi Benson. That or I'll play Ariel from the movie! lol) That's how much a nerd I am about Disney :-D


 Ah well, better get to bed I suppose. Til next time, friends and readers!
 *faith* trust* and pixie dust! 
 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment