Disney=Life

Disney=Life

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 3 of Disney Challenge /Apartment

ALMOST got all the boxes out of the way! Still need to find something to do with my DVDs and movies because we don't have an entertainment center yet so I have 3 boxes just lyin in my floor. I also have 2 boxes of picture frames I need to find places for. Weird thing about my pictures...I have some old pics in there. Of old people. People I don't talk to anymore, or haven't hung out with in a really long time. Now I have a strict policy for myself on my photo albums...never take a photo out. Even if it is of an ex and I kissing, I leave it in and just grimace when I look at it years later. How else are you going to remember those bad times you had? Or...some good times you don't want to think about anymore :-P So I'm trying to decide if I want to change my pictures at last....put in some new ones, of my new life here with the new people I have met/going to meet. Til then, I just keep looking at boxes piled in my bedroom. But hey, only 5! That's pretty good. I got my chest of drawers and my book shelf built, mom bought me a great jewelry organizer to hang on the door, I found a shoe organizer in my stuff that I hung on the other side of the door---its really feeling like home! And the living room/kitchen/dining room----ugh I don't ever wanna leave it! It's SOOO cozy! Jason really is a BEAUTIFUL interior decorator. I admit, I am tacky. T-A-C-K-Y. In my house you're going to find five different colors in the living room, my Disney and Harry Potter and Broadway stuff all over the house and please don't forget my huge gaudy Disney princess calendar on the door. :-D That's just how I am. But I love living in a place that's so cozy and beautiful. And today, we're going to start painting! Just the kitchen and 2 walls in the living room. I don't really love to paint but its going to be really pretty! 

 So, going back to the Disney Challenge (cause if I don't continue I will never get to 30 days :-P)Day #3: Your favorite heroine: Belle 
 AND
  Pocahontas

Yeah yeah so I cheated a little :-P I have two favorite heroines and both are amazing women who saved  lives. I love the later Disney characters who didn't necessarily sit around, dreaming of their prince. These women actually made things happen--or took the time to fall in love. So lets start with Belle.
 I believe I am the most like Belle, in personality and in looks. My dream is to be her one day at Disney. Every Disney personality test I take says I am most like Belle. She gets lost in her books, dreaming of new adventures but she will sacrifice all of those dreams to save someone she loves. She doesn't judge immediately, she sees what some others cannot. She fell in love with the Beast because of his heart, nevermind the looks. And she comes running into the castle to save her love after Gaston has locked her in a cellar. Her love breaks the spell and saves everyone in the castle. She has a really good heart and I have always tried to be a sweet person. So Belle is one of my favorite princesses and definitely my favorite heroine because her love saves the Beast and everyone else :-) 

Pocahontas: Gahh, where do I begin?! I wish Disney did more like this. Take a historical figure, sure you can twist it around a bit but keep that historical figure and make her into this beautiful heroine young girls can look up to. I don't think I even have to explain. She saved her people, she kept a war from happening, she saved the one she loved. She fell in love against all odds, and did say goodbye for the good of her people. Remember when every little girl was wearing her necklace and her red arm tattoo? I know I did for a long time, lol. I love the movie and it is such BEAUTIFUL music and animation! I really want to see it on stage one day :-) Suppose I will settle for the little show "Pocahontas and Friends" in Animal Kingdom. lol. 

 So I hear Jason getting up so we are probably going to go get paint and more things for the apartment. It is a beautiful 68 degrees here today, hope everyone has a magical day!

*faith*trust* and *pixie dust*
 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment