Disney=Life

Disney=Life

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Finally back!!

Sorry guys, know it's been awhile since my last post. A) I've been really busy with extra hours and B) I haven't really had anything to say. Scratch that, I haven't wanted to say what was on my mind. But writing it all down has always helped me out a great deal. So that's what I'm doing here now.
 So I have a confession. I am getting burned out :-( never thought it would happen, but it's not just me. I mean I talk to the other CPs and we are working 10, 11, 12 hour shifts every day! It's too much and we are getting burned out too fast. Jason says I have to find ways of making magical moments for myself as well as the guests. But I try to do that everyday.
 (btw I did receive another Guest Fanatic Card! My manager was out by me while I was working greeter and I got the age old question--how many Mickey Mouses are there? Answer. Just one. The guest kept asking and asking and the answer never changes. So I was given a card for preserving the magic. A magical moment for me, I must add :-D Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my job, love what I do, love the people and the management! But I don't love the pay and I don't love the long hours. We are losing 4 more people at the Seas soon and I don't know HOW we are going to stay afloat (haha!) We are so short staffed as it is.
 I have 4 more months of this! I wish I had just done my program until May. I would be applying for part time positions right now and would be making more money and not going insane with crazy hours. My mom is coming for a week and I have most of those days off so that will be really great for me. Plus I miss her like crazy. I don't miss Memphis. But I miss my family and my friends and my dog and my old job at the museum (and the pay!) and hate Florida weather and bugs and drivers! Ok so after nearly 4 months down here, I think I can complain now :-P It's just really hard to look past August and see a bright future with this company that I am SO in love with. It's scary, I have had my heart set on coming to Orlando and making a future here and now I am daydreaming of other places, perhaps Disneyland in Cali. Or somewhere else.
 *sigh*
 I guess another frustration is my weight. I have lost nearly 30 lbs since moving down here. It's not happening fast enough for me. Now I accepted years ago I don't have the look or face for a princess. But    I AM hoping to be friends with someone else (particularly one of Cindy's stepsisters!) All of the performers I see are skinny and beautiful and seriously, when is it my turn? I realize I have to work my way up to it all and just be patient but WHEN??!
.....yeah, I am like Ariel.
"When's it my turn? Wouldn't I love, love to explore that shore up above ((entertainment)) out of the sea ((ha!)) wish I could be, part of that world."
.....Well, anyway! Jason and I are going to try to go into Casting soon and see if we can get a straight answer when would be the best time to apply for full time. I am hoping very much to work Merch for Pirates League or the BBB. I figure I might have a chance to work my way up in the BBB if I start out in Merch. Jason really wants me to work in the Pirates League. We could have SO much fun together (and merch and pirate masters really dont see each other all that often) plus the hours! They close at like 5! If I wanted to, I could work evenings at the Seas and not be doing the same thing everyday. I just think more possibilities might open up if I'm not working 11 hours everyday :-P So please wish me luck. I don't know what the future holds for me but I would love the promise of a brighter future because I am getting so exhausted, mentally and physically with what I'm doing. I understand it is because I am a CP. So I really cannot say anything, I knew what I was signing up for. Apparently many other CPs didn't. :-P
 
 So, back to the challenge! Day #13: Your least favorite song
   Oh this one is too easy for me! "You've got a friend in me" from Toy Story. I HATE that song! And it's so much worse because Epcot plays it every damn day I go into work!! Randy Newman cannot sing and I think he sucks compared to Alan Menken! (Still pissed Tangled lost to Toy Story soundtracks at the Oscars) but I cannot listen to it, not for one second. UGH.
 yeah so that was probably the easiest question for me on this challenge. LOL 
  
 Oh another thing...I miss theatre. SOOOOOOOOOO much. I wish I had the time to be in a play, or go see a play, or even had the chance to go to a workshop of some kind. (ooooh don't get me started on that one!) But I miss being on the stage so freakin much. I hope to be able to audition for Candlelight Processional (Disney's Christmas Chorus kinda thing, it's so beautiful!) I know I still wanna be here at Christmas time (well I know I will, I mean our lease isn't up til January) but again, I hope I'll still be loving whatever it is I am doing. 


 I didn't mean for this to end up a rant post but I guess it did a bit. The magic is still alive for me. Always has been, always will be. Jason and I are going to the beach on Sunday! Yayy! 


 Til next time readers, *faith*trust* and pixie dust!  
 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment