Disney=Life

Disney=Life

Sunday, November 21, 2010

This is How a Dream comes true....

 So just a quick note on the amazing night I had last night.
My friends and I did a Shrek promo event at the Orpheum Theatre to promote Shrek the Musical coming in January. I was Princess Fiona (ogre form). I had SO-MUCH-fun! I had one night of being a princess and knowing how it feels to be a performer in Disney World. I had a few little girls come up to me and hug me and want pictures. It was such an incredible feeling. And the adults passed by and they whispered, "you all are VERY good" :-D Cameron said "yay for our BFA." lol

 So here is a pic of the three of us as Shrek, Fiona, and Donkey. Make up done by my best friend Jason and it looks AMAZING---unfortunately we did not have prosthetics for Shrek and rather than cut him, we made him wear a horrible mask. Still, Donkey and Fiona looked great and we had such a great time.


 We are supposed to have another promo at the Collierville mall in December...this is what I'm most excited for because there will be so many kids there. This was mainly to meet and greet people coming into the Auction last night but people walking downtown stopped to take pictures and such. It was just incredible.
It's what I want to do. We were tired, uncomfortable, I had to unscrew my smile after the night was over but it was an amazing feeling. So why can't a fat girl have that chance to play a princess?? I wonder if I could send these pictures to Universal Studios and say "can I have a job?" :-D lol
It was just finally my chance to play a princess...and I had the most wonderful time doing it. I hope and pray times a thousand I will get the chance to do this again, a lot more. Whether it be in Disney or a random birthday party company in Orlando, please let me play the princess that the little girl adores and wants to stand by because it is one of her most beloved characters.
 Every little's girl dream is to be a princess.....it's still my dream.

 *This is how a dream comes true, this is how I pictured you, climbing in to rescue me, this was always meant to be*--Princess Fiona, Shrek the Musical "This is How a Dream Comes True"

No comments:

Post a Comment