Disney=Life

Disney=Life

Monday, October 25, 2010

WE GOT IT!!

 Ok, so ever since I got back from Orlando I have been on the GO! Mid-terms and BFA auditions and working Wicked at the Orpheum, oh my! :-) So a recap on our trip.
 The drive SUCKS. But we saw our first Florida sunrise! lol. We left Memphis around 5 on Saturday and drove straight through. Got to Cole's house about 7, Sunday morning and fell into bed! We got up around noon and decided to just go look at our list of properties....we eliminated several by just pulling up and looking :-) We finished looking at properties and stopped by Cheesecake Factory :-D god im excited about being near that place. lol. So we decided to spend the evening at Downtown Disney....walked around for a bit then headed back to Cole's and watched some cake challenge. Got up the next morning and started going into apartment offices. NIGHTMARE. For some STUPID reason, Orlando has this thing where you have to make between $$ and $$. Well, we found out we were making too much money at Disneyworld to qualify for most of the places we looked at. Our max was 650....we both have other bills to pay like student loans, car payments, etc. so 650 was our absolute max......they seem to think because we will be making decent money at our new job we can afford an 800/mo apartment! Uh NO! So our moms told us to pick up an apartment guide and try again....so we did. We sat in a Publix parking lot for about an hour, calling different places we found. Most of them I called were like 10 mins from Disney and running "fantastic specials....only 1400 for a 2 bedroom!"   :-X  So we found one called Heron Lake and it looked really nice so of course I expected them to be way too expensive. Nevertheless, I called...lady says "we're running a fantastic special" (great, what is it? 950 for a 1 bedroom?!) and she says 651 for a 2 bed/2 bath...washer and dryer included. We rushed over to see it and fell in love. It is about 15-20 mins away from Disney, depending on traffic, located in Kissimmee. Ya know Medieval Times? yeah there is a giant castle right down the street from us! lol. The apartments are where the street starts to get a tad shady but the apartments are beautiful! There's a nice fitness area, a pool, spa, wi-fi, and then the apartment is a 2 bed/2 bath...we are on the 2nd floor, where we have a lovely screened in porch--im so excited about that! my bedroom has a huge walk-through closet......the bathroom is on the other side of the closet. its pretty sweet! we basically have our own wings in this place. We immediately went back to the office and filled out the application and put down a deposit. She said it would be about 10 days before we knew anything....we were scared cause Jason has had some credit problems in the past and we hoped it wouldn't affect signing a lease. Well, Saturday while Jason was in the Disney Store, she called and told us we were approved! So our official move in date is Jan 13th. Everything is coming together soooooo great right now. Now waiting for one more piece of good news (well actually 2, I'm still hoping and wishing and praying I get either performer or transferred to the Boutique) but we're still waiting to find out if Jason got performer.....I'm hoping and praying he has. He has a very good chance and he got really far in the audition. He'd be perfect for it! Anyway, as much as I want the BBB or performer, I want him to get his dream first! So we'll just see. Keep your fingers crossed and wish on a star for both of us :-)
Ooh, so to finish up the trip: Monday after we left Heron Lake, we went back to Cole's and met one of his friends who was also in Entertainment. We all went to MK together....they took us the back way, into cast parking and through the Grand Floridian....so cool! Jason and I couldn't help but giggle as we thought about the fact that we worked there now!! We mainly spent our time in Tomorrowland, since neither of us had been there much and we met up with another of their friends. We all clicked immediately and had a great night at MK, then went to watch Wishes before we left (yes we cried. again. :-P) We all headed back to Cole's to order pizza and watch the newest Tinkerbell movie. Then we just walked around the neighborhood talking. It's going to be so amazing moving there and having nights like that all the time!! We got to sleep in a bit and stopped by Heron Lake once more to do a video tour before heading back to Memphis. It was raining and COLD as we got back in...I guess just a reflection of our mood on being back in Memphis :-) Anyway, we have about 80 days before we move in and time is flying by! Can't believe Halloween is this weekend! I have to work on my costume!! I have a pretty blue prom dress Jason altered for me several years ago and I will either do Galinda (Wicked) or Cinderella. I probably won't decide til the last minute :-) Jason wanted to turn me into Lottie, which I would LOVE (I want some MAN-catching beignets!!) :-) but I just don't have the time/money to look for a costume. So Galinda and Cindy would both be fun. After Halloween, one of our friends who is a photographer is doing a Peter Pan themed shoot, with Jason as Peter, me as Wendy and Christina (my roomie) as Tinkerbell. So I have to get on finding an authentic looking Wendy costume too. Eek! Ah well, suppose I better start on this massive load of homework and studying.
 Until next time,
 *faith* trust* and *pixie dust*

3 comments:

  1. i have read all your post! where will you be working? my arrival date at WDW is dec 04. i can´t wait, im so excited!!! im an ICP! can you belive it? and im gonna work in the best place of the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations and thanks for reading! where will you be working? I'm Attractions at Disney World. dunno where yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. me neither!!! i dont know yet!! but we (at least ICP) cant choose where to work / live or anything! ahah im Merch! :)

    who are you going with?

    ReplyDelete