Disney=Life

Disney=Life

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Intro...

So I finally caved--every since acceptances started going out, blogs and vlogs are spreading like wild fire around the Disney boards. I used to have one but never had time for it so we'll try this again. First, a little about me.
---I'm 22 years old (soon to be 23!) and still a huge kid at heart
---Little Mermaid is my favorite movie of all time; though people say I'm Belle in looks and personality, Ariel is still my favorite.
---I'm a theatre major and about to graduate in December; I picked my major because I wanted to one day work for Disney. My ultimate goal is to be a princess or a character---but that's a long way off, so I'm happy with where I am
--I have unhealthy obsessions with Disney and Harry Potter. Seriously, I can quote anything and have even done fanfiction of both
---I have one tattoo: a heart with a crown around it and in the heart it says "Dream". Remember the scene in Little Mermaid where Ursula pulls up a heart with a crown around it telling Ariel she has 3 days? That's it! I designed it when I was 8. It was my birthday present for my 20th birthday from my mom
---Speaking of my mom, she is the most amazing person in my life and my best friend. I'm super nervous about moving to Orlando because I have never been away from her for very long
---I got accepted into the Disney College Program as an Attractions cast member. My best friend of 4 years got accepted into Merchandise. We are both going to audition to be character performers. (I'm slowly turning him into a huge Disney nerd and I love it!)
---Despite how terrified I am of the changes and financial struggles I will face in Orlando, I have never been more excited in my life.

....so there you have it! I'm starting a new chapter in my life in January--will say goodbye to Memphis, my hometown for 19 years and saying hello to a brand new place, new job, new home, new people! I am extremely grateful that I will have my best friend by my side to help make the move a little easier...he'll be a little piece of home for me   :-)

I should have started this when I first applied, then you could have seen an email acceptance post, a purple folder post, etc. but alas, I am just starting and catching you all up. Most importantly, I'm excited about all of the friends I have made on the Disney boards...people who are waiting impatiently as I am and people who are going to share the most magical experience of our lives!

 Until next time, faith* trust* and pixie dust!
 <3 <3 <3

3 comments:

  1. Anika, I'm so excited for you! It's still 2 years or so before I head down there, so I'll live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, the above person is Kadye. Silly me. Forgot to sign my name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha thanks for clarifying, Kadye, I was kinda confused at first. I think this blog is mostly for people who are going to live vicariously through me! hehe!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete