Disney=Life

Disney=Life

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Post-Audition and Pre-Orlando!

 So I apologize I never made a blog about how my audition went. It was the day of my birthday and I literally never stopped going after it was over :-)
 So Jason and I left for Nashville around 4:30-5:00 and got into town around 8ish. It was thunderstorming the entire way and big trucks were all over the road. We stayed with his uncle George, who was so great to us and had a BEAUTIFUL place! Both of us had a hard time getting to sleep....
 We woke up, dressed, had some breakfast and warmed up a little with some exercises. Both my parents called me to wish me Happy Birthday and I had received several early morning birthday texts. Jason gave me a singing princess card, which made me smile. We left a little late and the dance studio was about 25 mins away. We listened to Wishes the whole way there :-)
 When we auditioned 2 years ago, we were the first ones there....we even waited in the lobby til they opened the doors. This time we were some of the last ones to arrive....thank God I had Jason with me, cause the moment I walked into that room and saw everyone, my heart sank to my feet! We chatted in line and then met up with a facebook friend, Marie, who had gotten accepted already but was also auditioning. We found a space on the floor and tried to spread out....there were a lot of people though. Tiffany explained what we would be doing....we would do an animation exercise and then she would teach a dance routine that would get harder as it goes along (wonderful! I'm already a horrible dancer. bring on the difficult routine!)
 One thing that interested me....I knew what the audition would consist of. The animation exercise was pretend you're meeting your favorite character in the park.....now pretend you're eating your favorite food. I had practiced beforehand! I mean I had a good one. But I saw on the disney boards, people telling about the exercise.....so I think Disney found out and changed it. So we did two animation exercises, which I won't reveal because auditions are still happening--and we learned the routine. I barely got through it but at least I never stopped smiling. I always do horribly in dance auditions, because I KNOW it's my greatest weakness and I know it's gunna stop me from getting that part. BUT... I did my animation exercises big and smiling. So we ran through the routine several times (LOTS of turns and jumps and I was just jumping all over the place, looked like a freakin antelope going the wrong way) and then we went out in the hallway to wait. They called us in groups of 5 or 6 at a time to do the animation, dance, animation, dance. From there, they would pick people to pull aside to take pictures of (if they looked like a face character) or to dance again. I felt good; I left still smiling. (NOTE: Jason got asked to stay!! They took his pic, and told him to show them his hairline for wig purposes....I'm SOO freakin excited for him...I know good things are coming his way!)
 So I sat in the hall and waited for him....they told us since Nashville was one of the first cities, it would be about 4 weeks before we hear anything. I went in not expecting to get a character and I left expecting it too. As I said, I'm not the right body type and don't have the pretty princess face. But we both went in telling each other "WE'RE IN! We're already in Disney so let's just have fun". And we did! We had a great time. And ya know what? I was OK! 2 Years ago, (granted they did tell us right there if we passed the audition or not) I found out I didn't pass and I was bawling in the car. This time I was fine--so happy for Jason and just kept smiling the whole time. Who knows what will happen??? Am I still hoping I'm wrong and somehow I can get a fur character?? Oh definitely! But I'm working in the most magical place on earth, what else could I ask for? And my best friend might possibly get his dream come true! Nothin' better than that! (I'm also hoping that some girls who got in BBB get character performer and leave some open spaces....hey, ya never know :-)
 So after the audition Jason and I were FAMISHED. So he took me out for a great birthday lunch at Applebees. My mom had bought me a Birthday Princess ribbon with Ariel on it (no, I didn't wear it to auditions :-P so I stuck that on my shirt and put my tiara on (yes I keep a spare tiara with me at all times. LOL j/k. My birthday is the only day a year it's ok for me to wear it, lol.) I walked in and the servers called "Happy Birthday! It is your birthday right? It's that or you're a princess" and Jason was like "both". lol. So we ate, talked, had a good time, headed back to town and went to a fabulous birthday dinner at Red Lobster with my mom. It was a great birthday and I am totally continuing my celebration this weekend when we go back to Orlando :-D Sucks we both have to work before we leave but it's ok; we're gong down to look for apartments again, hoping to find something closer to Disney this time. We're staying with our friend Cole, who is friends with several handsome princes at Disney World :-) So we're pretty excited. We're not going to MNSSHP but we are getting into Magic Kingdom Sunday night :-) Then Mon and Tues we are apartment hunting. I'm so excited and so ready to be back---and we might even have a unit reserved for move in!
 So there's the audition blog I promised.....if you could, please keep your fingers crossed for me. I want a performer but I want BBB too. Neither seem in my reach right now but things have a way of working themselves out, somehow. They told us at auditions that they only take 200 for CP Entertainment........I don't like my odds. But we'll see!
 Hope everyone has a wonderful, magic-filled weekend! :-)

<3<3<3

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT, I WILL BE IN WDW IN DEC. im an icp, i cant wait YAYYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete