Disney=Life

Disney=Life

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 5: Ohhhh Flynn....

 Ok, so Day 5 is yet another repeat: Your favorite hero. I have already oohed and aaahed over Flynn Rider.  Read the previous post. It's all in there. Flynn made the ultimate sacrifice for Rapunzel's freedom. That is a hero in my eyes and he is definitely my favorite.
Ohh and I love this pic/part of the movie. And also... "Rapunzel, you were my new dream"
Gahhhhh I MELTED on those words.
So anyway, yes you now know my odd obsession with Disney animated characters. Moving on!

So tomorrow is Valentines Day. Shoot me through the heart right now please. This has always been a day I'm not exactly fond of....I really love Iris's opening quote from the movie "The Holiday". Here it is for those who don't know what I'm referring to:
I've found almost everything ever written about love to be true. Shakespeare said "Journeys end in lovers meeting." What an extraordinary thought. Personally, I have not experienced anything remotely close to that, but I am more than willing to believe Shakespeare had. I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should. I am constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives. It was Shakespeare who also said "love is blind". Now that is something I know to be true. For some quite inexplicably, love fades; for others love is simply lost. But then of course love can also be found, even if just for the night. And then, there's another kind of love: the cruelest kind. The one that almost kills its victims. Its called unrequited love. Of that I am an expert. Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone? We are the victims of the one sided affair. We are the cursed of the loved ones. We are the unloved ones, the walking wounded. The handicapped without the advantage of a great parking space! Yes, you are looking at one such individual. And I have willingly loved that man for over three miserable years! The absolute worst years of my life! The worst Christmas', the worst Birthday's, New Years Eve's brought in by tears and valium. These years that I have been in love have been the darkest days of my life. All because I've been cursed by being in love with a man who does not and will not love me back. Oh god, just the sight of him! Heart pounding! Throat thickening! Absolutely can't swallow! All the usual symptoms. 

Not going to get into all of the past relationships here, don't worry. I won't be one of those girls who whines about everything that went wrong, every year on Valentines Day. So, just take that quote and understand it pertains to my life very well. Moving on! 


That's really it, to be honest. Will try to update more. My work schedule right now is kinda crazy...working 9,10, and 11 hour shifts every day. Today was my first day off in awhile (not counting the early release I got the other day to get better) It was nice to just relax. Next time Jason and I are both off, we plan to take a picnic on the beach. :-D 
Off to bed! Gotta be at work early tomorrow and working a 9 hour day, then coming home to the best friend and drowning our single sorrows in chocolate  :-D

til next time, faith*trust* and pixie dust! 

No comments:

Post a Comment